AzN PerSuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AzN PerSuasion

Welcome to AzN PerSuasion!

HomeAzNP HomepageFlash GamesLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Flash Games
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Been working on something...
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:32 am by wode0708

» this music site doesnt block
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:06 am by wode0708

» Wallpaper and pic
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:41 am by wode0708

» The JabbaWockeez
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:39 am by wode0708

» Let's play a game....
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:37 am by wode0708

» wakakakka..
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:33 am by wode0708

» New non-asian alert!
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 am by wode0708

» Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 am by wode0708

» Right here Apply for special ranks!
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:30 am by wode0708

» One Piece Episode 346
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:29 am by wode0708

Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wode0708
warrior I
warrior I

Number of posts : 106
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-02

Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Empty
PostSubject: Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy]   Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Creating Starburst glints of light in Photoshop
Photoshop Tutorial
Here is a nice effect that looks like the sun glinting off a metallic or shiny surface. This starburst effect even includes a little lens flare. A tasteful replacement for the sometimes over used lens flare filter. (A shout-out to Mrs Wanack and class at Humble High School who requested this.)
INGREDIENTS

Layers
Line tool
Selections and fills
Blurs
Free Transform
Difficulty 5/10

First thing we need to do is create a new document. I set my background to black to that I can see the white glint that we will prepare.
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-1
Create a new layer and choose the line tool (Hidden under the rectangle shape tool in the toolbox)
Choose 2 pixels and the draw pixel option from the options bar
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-2
Set white as your foreground color and draw a short dash (A) Hold the Shift key to constrain the rotation to a horizontal line
Choose Filter>Blur>Motion Blur as shown in (B). Add enough distance to get a nice tapered look. Make sure the angle matches the angle of the line.
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-3
Duplicate the Layer with the dash on it
Press Ctrl (Windows) /Cmd (Mac) +T for free transform
Rotate the dash while holding down shift to constrain the rotation
Choose both dash Layers and press Ctrl/Cmd+E to merge them (On version CS and earlier, choose the top layer and press Ctrl/Cmd+E to merge with the layer beneath) Careful not to merge with background
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-4
Duplicate the merged dash layer (Ctrl/Cmd+J)
Press Ctrl/Cmd+T for free transform Rotate 45 deg, grab a corner point and scale toward the center to make the new star smaller (hold down alt/option+shift to scale from center and constrain)
You now have your starburst and you may be happy right here. For those of you who want to add a lens flare to the starburst continue...
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-5
Create a new Layer
Grab the elliptical marquee tool (circular selection tool)
Create a selection over the starburst
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-6
Choose Edit>Stroke
Choose a 1 pixel white stroke
Deselect
Choose Filter>Blue>Gaussian Blur to soften the effect

Click ok and we're all done!
Merge the layers together to use on your illustrations and photos.
Note: You can save them as a smart object in Photoshop CS2 and CS3.
Another option is to make a custom brush: Flatten the whole thing, choose Ctrl/Cmd+I to inverse and then make a selection around the starburst. Choose Edit>Define Custom Brush.
This is just one of the effects included on my Photoshop Secrets: Special FX video.
Enjoy.
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-9
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-8
Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy] Glint-7
DONE!
Back to top Go down

Make a starburst light glint in Photoshop [Easy]
Page 1 of 1